I have to say something before I talk about myself and how amazing I am. I have to dedicate this post to thank Nicole, because if she hadn’t of put me on her fabulous blogroll and inspired me with her ex-bulimic tales, I probably wouldn’t have blogged as obsessively as I have done over the past month. Her blog has enabled me to read other blogs, other people’s stories of their own struggles, and it has helped me to feel part of a community, rather than all alone watching The Lion King over and over again in a dark room. OK I haven’t got to this stage yet but it’s only because when Mufasa dies, I die.
There wasn’t one reason in particular I started this blog, but the main reason was to find other people who have similar problems to me, the main being compulsive overeating. I haven’t ever talked about my disorder the way I blog about it, and I think other bloggers must feel the same, because we are so brutally honest.
So, the rules of the versatile blogger award:
1. Thank the award giver and link back to them in your post
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading
4. Contact your bloggers to let them know about the award
Thank you to …
I think these are the only people to pass on the award, because I sort of didn’t know what the blogger award was all about until … yesterday. So… thanks
7 things about myself…
- I have a cat called Indy, she is black and fluffy and lovely :) Sometimes when she smells things, especially feet, she’ll inexplicably open her mouth afterwards, as if the smell is that bad that she has to let her tiny nostrils recover by breathing through her mouth.
- I cannot have a sensible title for blog posts/anything I write. I don’t know what it is about titles, but all of mine have to be odd. If I write a shopping list, it usually starts with ‘Emma’s Awesome List’ or to do list ‘Whatz I Gotz To Do’z Today’. I think this is an illness, but I’m not sure.
- If I leave the house without a bottle of water, any kind of sweet containing mints, tissues and lip balm, I am not complete. I have an overactive bladder (whoop) so I am quite careful about how much I drink, hence the water bottle. I am paranoid that my breath is not minty fresh, hence the mints, I have a tendancy to get a runny nose randomly so I like tissues, and I hate the feeling of dried lips, so I have lip balm. I left the house without my phone the other day as well… I don’t even want to talk about that.
- During my degree in the second year, about a month after I found out I had an Eating Disorder, I had to attend a module on autobiography and travel writing. As I am usually skint (poor, to you non-Englishians) I haven’t travelled a lot, so the other option was autobiographical, in which I wrote about The Girl On The Bus. I’ll probably post my piece someday next year, an edited and improved version of course.
- I have never had a proper boyfriend, although I have no idea why, apart from events like this tend to happen to me. I am big, and there is no pretending that this doesn’t limit your choice of men. However, the lack of self-confidence and hating my body kind of affects how I act as well, and everyone knows confidence is sexy. I do not exude confidence. But I’m more confident that I used to be. Fingers crossed for some kind of interaction with a male in 2012.
- I have a deep and meaningful relationship with The Lonely Island. Sort of. I love them, they don’t know who I am. I like it this way, therefore I can sing ‘Jizz in my Pants’ at the top of my lungs with no repercussions. I am too cheap to have a video portion on my blog but I will definitely be purchasing it in the near future, until then, here is a lovely link.
- I get a variety of gifts for Christmas, almost always I love them. My mum who knows me better than anyone often gets me stuff that I can’t explain. Whenever my mum see’s anythin animal print she’ll say “oh that’s nice, isn’t it Emma?” to which I always reply “Yeah I’m not a big fan of animal print.” What did my mum get me for Christmas? Animal print hair curlers. Yep, she told me earlier as well that they were half price. Brilliant. No I’m only kidding, I’m grateful, and I tried them out earlier and they’re perfect. Best present award this year though clearly goes to my Brother Kyle who gave me a Tru Blood replica drink from True Blood! I love True Blood, although I haven’t watched any of the 3rd series as I was too busy with Uni. I can actually drink it too! But I won’t because it went out of date in November.
There you go, 7 random, completely pointless and not at all satisfying facts about me. Now to pass on the award! I don’t think I actually know 15 bloggers so I’ll put a list of some I think are brilliant.
Kirsty Lou www.fattyunbound.blogspot.com
Girl On The Contrary
An Attempt At Humour
Right. Done. Now to get drunk with the family. Happy New Year!